Thursday 31 January 2013

When Was It?

What was it? Chocolate brown or caramel?
The color of earth or sweet candy?
Burnt sugar or weathered leaves?
Maybe it was a pleasant soothing brown
Or maybe a piercing cold shade of a warm color.
What was it? The color of her eyes, that made my day.

How was it? Sweet and soft like cotton candy?
Or hard and permanent like a strong flavor?
Like a frost bite lasting in my mind with pain and thunder?
Maybe it was nothing special
Or maybe her breath on my neck was better.
How was it? The taste of her lips when I kissed her first.

Did I tell you? The pleasant windy warmth?
The soothing sensation and familial abode in her voice?
Like an honest word, never denied nor accepted.
Most of all never rejected. Or maybe it was how I heard her?
Maybe it was just another conversation in a crowded room?
Did I tell you? How easily she made me laugh.

When was it? Summer or winter?
When she wore cotton shirts or high boots?
Was it the chill that froze me or the heat that took over me?
Maybe it was spring, a quite morning
Or maybe it was the melancholic autumn
When was it? When I told her I loved her.

No comments:

Post a Comment