Tuesday 25 June 2013

Voyage.

You spun words around in an untangled thread
A sheet, blanket, comforter and hat
Protected me from harm, kept me warm and never alone.
I wiped my tears and flipped pages.
Laughed aloud and ran to you in happiness.
You picked me up and let me fall straight into your arms.

With your fingers I learnt to pick
Pick flowers from great orchids and
Thorns from beautiful illusions. And it was your eyes
That made me see, through, within and beyond.
And sometimes you brought me those tinted shades
Behind which I could hide or see the truth in multiple colors.

Your embrace is tender, and forever. I might have
Stepped ashore from the voyage you put me on
But I will climb back, and we'll conquer oceans/
My world was dwindling  and swaying in false lights
You illuminated, made me naked and let me discover.
I found new clothes, but not a new skin.

It was you who exposed me and brought me
To this precipice, you made me choose. A bondage
Or an incomplete freedom. The woman in me endeavors
For absolution and I know you will help, only you.
I cannot leave, I will not leave. Voyages are not escapes.
They are journeys into worlds unknown, which only you can unveil.

No comments:

Post a Comment