Wednesday 18 December 2013

The Wishlist of Intimidating Things.

I have been creatively infertile for some time now, after my Creative Writing exam to be precise. And today too, I won't be writing a story or poem. It is more of a Wishlist which many of us have, a list things we never did or left mid-way. Sometimes even abandon after accomplishing the desired finesse or don't even begin to start because it's intimidating. To avoid these 'things' we give reasons, to others and ourselves, clarifying why is that particular thing beyond or below us. Even conjure socio-political conspiracies as to avoid being put into the position of an 'amateur'. And some things we just forget in the years of 'growing-up' and soon disregard them as frivolous fancies. I have a list of such things, which for the very reasons stated, will look fantastical and childish. But there were times I wanted to terribly accomplish them and surprisingly still do. So, via this public forum I promise myself to learn and get rid of the escapist in me. Doesn't matter till when, but hopefully before 30.

Here we go.

1.) Learn to play the Saxophone: I left this one mid-way, and even own an Alto Saxophone which is conditioned to cruelty in some corner of my house. The teacher lived too far and learning online got boring. Anyways my brother was playing the guitar brilliantly so I just chose to quit than work hard (disgusting, I know).

2.) Learn French: Learning a language is TOUGH. I have given this one many shots but never went for classes. So instead. I downloaded busuu and watched (still do) as many French movies I could get myself to like.

3.) Study Physics: I don't know how, where or what 'exactly' in Physics. But I will figure that out soon. I have a natural curiosity towards scientific 'things' (*sigh*), but an asshole of a teacher and a prodigal Physics enthusiast in my brother kind of pushed me to rebel against the subject instead. But I still find phenomenons around me absolutely fascinating, and would want to explore more about them.

4.) Learn How to Swim: I have a terrible fear of water bodies (aqua-phobia). Need to learn to swim to get over that. And also because this a basic survival skill, you never know when you might get stuck in life-endangering situations from which only can save!

5.) Learn  How to Ride the Bicycle: Yes! I don't know that. And I need to learn that. It's just pathetic not knowing how to ride a bicycle. :(

6.) Learn a Fighting Skill: Most probably Kick- Boxing or Karate. I did begin to take Karate lessons when I was very little (like 8 or 9) but I could never go ahead the White Belt, because I found it too repetitive and boring. Whereas my brother went ahead to get a Black (almost) one.

7.) Learn Driving: I am taking care of this currently. :D

8.) Publish a Book: This might take very long to substantialize, but I will get it done. Writing has been the only thing throughout the years which was 'mine' remained 'mine' and when everyone was being brilliant in 10 different things, I could just come home and write. I am at a point where people tell me I am good and some day I would want to get published. A book/anthology/collection of my own.

9.) Travel throughout India: Mujhe France aur Italy bhi jana hai, but before that (until given a surprising chance) I would want travel across the country. Visit brilliantly enriched place of cultural and historical amalgamation. Take it all in.

10.) Learn to Code: Yes Bhaiya Yess! I would like to give it a shot. A 'shot'. My brother has been after my life to get me to learn Coding, from showing inspirational videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKIu9yen5nc ) by greatest programmers to luring by the money in the business. He has tried it all, and I have always refused because it just doesn't sound like 'My Thing'. There is a reason why it is in last, because I am still very reluctant about this one. But because of the very dodgy person I become at it's mention, I want to learn it. God knows I might be fucking brilliant and become the female Sergey Brin. :P

All this things put together seem like a lot of work, but I have given myself time. All the time in the world. What's even more intimidating that there must be SOMEONE SOMEWHERE who already has all this checked out. But doesn't matter how dumb or unskilled I appear after people read this, I need to get these done to feel truly accomplished in life. Nothing requires ages of time and swimming and cycling are really fucking basic. Also, I am quite sure most of the readers have such lists of their own.
Let me know what are your to-do tasks in the comments, so I don't feel like an inexperienced 2 year-old!

4 comments:

  1. 7. Ha.ha.ha.ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nahi Sach mein..I called the driving school today. He didn't pick up..that's a different thing! :P

      Delete
  2. Driving. Hmm. "Akki main circles mein ghumati reh gayi".

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5th is going to be fun to watch you try... :P

    ReplyDelete