Wednesday 11 July 2012

Absolute.

Television and cinema seem to mould and effect our minds, change the filters through which we perceive and understand things.
Yesterday, I saw Gangs of Wasseypur. Interesting and entertaining, but since I had seen City of God, through out the movie I was looking for differences between the two. To an extent they both seemed very similar to me, but Anurag Kashyap added a new dimension to "seemingly communist" gang wars. This was the picture of love and family, though  love was really sex but this crude raw and chaotic movie pointed out the gory monotony of Wasseypur. A cycle of revenge, an ignorant civilization completely unaware of any emotion or motive outside of blood, revenge and rivalry.
This need of control and power, a hunger of fulfilling egos and quenching thirst, is this any different from where we stand? Human relationships are simplified as long as they stick to primal and basic concepts.
I don't understand this need in me to criticize every young kid or old man around me, ask them, question them and defeat them. Treat them as minors and insignificant insects who are no more productive than pests and pigeons. Things will be a lot easier and sorted if people stopped prohibiting themselves in order to be liked and please everyone. The fight for feminism, the quest for love, the pain of separation. Why? How?
'Like Crazy', another highly romantic, slightly realistic and strangely imagined movie about a couple. I will confess that I saw the trailer and felt sad, so I watched because I thought it would make me cry. That little love I have felt, it made me miss that. But surprisingly, it made me quiet glad for leaving. I liked that this incomplete love didn't ruin their lives like some pathetic jerked out od-ing couple on the verge of killing themselves. But that's all. I wonder that what is it that i seek to achieve or feel in life, I always dismiss half the things that upset people by saying it's too little to hurt. Then, its too little to please? Maybe I am too sexually frustrated, but even when I was having a lot of it, I wasn't very happy too. Now I suddenly feel like the kid from Its Kind of a Funny Story, but its not.
Back to human relationships. Money, it's a very wicked thing. For me at least.
Brother, I have a brother, and amazing clownish one. He has been a father, a friend, a punching bag and an ass. Sometimes I feel that my relationship with him is a bit like the one shared by Carrey Mulligan and Michael Fassbender in Shame (obviously I am not comfortable standing naked in front of him). He is not a sex addict like Brandon, but he have his idiosyncrasies. We both have separate identities for different people, and the moment I see him hovering around my made-up presence, I feel threatened and turbulent. Its like a shaky feeling, and I know he feels that too, as he told me about it. People feed on each other. For love, for guilt, for happiness and for sex. Its sick and is almost parasitic, but its amusing to see how content it makes them, how satisfied people are in these relationships. I am not saying that I am not, but all of this seems like a colossal social experiment.
And I do all of this, start conversations and giggle, smile and joke about other people, make fun of things around and criticize some more..what is the truest emotion then? The one felt when you are crumpled on a bed like sheets and the man with you seeks nothing more than one night. Its not love, he is not asking this question to please me, my answer won't impress him. Either this or the sheer high of grabbing a knife and stabbing someone to death. You have to be truest to do that. From absolutely justified to absolute stupidity, this absolution is what I seek. How? Where? When? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment