Friday 8 February 2013

Our Mirror.

The mirror, that mirror, her image
My reflection, her reaction, in the mirror.

The mirror is cracking up. I see.
Neither you clearly, nor me. I just can't see.

You saw me once, and I did too, in the mirror.
You don't look anymore. I feel incomplete.

Hating your image, shattering mine. This mirror.
Take it away, doesn't make me smile anymore.

Last I saw, you were pierced, didn't bleed.
I turned. Never looked again. But I need to.

Happiness invited me in, I look at you for permission.
No answer, turned to mirror. Its too damaged to answer.

They ask what's wrong, I know. But you don't see.
I drag, push, pull, no movement. Tired, I sit in corner.

Lets make it bleed, so we can bandage at least.
Don't look at the mirror tomorrow. Wounds are ugly.

Marks of broken mirror, etched on you. I still need.
Need to look, need to smile. Allow me, or let the mirror.

Turn away, lets. Move away from it. No answers.
Face each other. Did we need the mirror, anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment