Saturday 16 February 2013

Then and Now.

Time after time, after every fulfilling moment
While I turn off the lights, or on at night.
After every small chore and errand.
The one from our house to the shop
Or the longer run from work to home again.
Especially when I am alone, and power cuts.
I twist the ring on my finger, and keep hallucinating.

We had lunch together and coffee too.
And I am excited to see you tomorrow for dinner.
I love your voice in my ears, the earthy baritone.
The touch of your thick but not fat fingers
Your eyes, looking straight at me. Making me laugh.
Making me smile, you never speak too loud.
But I need to go home. Goodbye, don't stay too long.





Your hand got stuck while putting that shirt. I will pull it off.
The winters knock loudly. I set will make a warm bath.
The water will glide on your skin, getting lost in your hair.
I watch overwhelmed as your skin glistens.
The long day is now winding up. Sneak between the sheets
Our contours amalgamate into a beautiful form.
Don't let go. Not tonight, not tomorrow morning. Never.

Within layers of colors and laughter
Between sheets of pleasures and failures
Amongst lies of love and truths of confessions
You move effortlessly and invite me for a dance.
We move on these beats of insecurities, under flickering lights.
Is it a wonderful life, or mirage of one.
Just keeping our eyes on it, until this infinite road ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment