Monday 3 December 2012

Old One Day.

We'll be old one day, both you and me. Very old.
With pictures of your children around us and familial music in our ears.
We will look across the room at each other, wrinkled slightly
Happy, most probably. I will smile a long smile and
In that glance I will tell you that I love you, even after the decades.
Even after we found someone else, even after the times we spent with them,
The happiness we shared with them, the plans we made with them.
I will tell you in that smile, that I remember and hold close the times we spent.
The warmth of your hands, the tenderness of your touch, the heaviness of your heart
The longevity of your companionship, and I will make you remember this
All with one smile. Because you knew me, you still do.
And though time and norms failed us, our belief in each other never did.

We will be old one day. And you'll be around the corner.
I won't hesitate to tell you that I love you and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment