Tuesday 7 August 2012

Not so Evil.

'Paanch', took me by surprise. I was anticipating something different but I never expected such a movie to scare me. Yes! I feel scared and afraid, I don't know of what and how, but somehow the catharsis of 'Paanch' has left me continuously turning back and looking for some one. Pure evil, cold-bloodiness, the sheer capacity of a men to inhabit such an absence of ruth within themselves was shaking. I have watched movies like 'American Psycho' and felt similar things. But Paanch was different somehow, mainly because of the Indian setting it was very easy to relate. The struggle and need for making money, that pressure and obviously the drugs, it all seems familiar. In the first hour, Anurag Kashyap has taken enough time for us to believe and settle in the background. Just when he has made you comfortable, he shakes you up. It felt quiet good to watch such a thriller after a while. There is a terrifying haunting feel about it which leaves a long lasting impression.
Pure evil is impossible, no one is or can be absolutely vile. The emphasis I place on relationships is a bit exaggerated and almost justifying. 'We Need to Talk about Kevin' (SPOILER ALERT) is probably the best example one can see of how people and relationships could turn a little child into a mass murderer.Though Kevin is a psychologist's delight and I am incapable of narrowing down a single reason, but what I do believe in is his acceptance of his mother as the only companion. He doesn't kill her, she is the ONLY woman who is spared by him. In the end when Kevin is being moved, the fear and doubt in his eyes are of a child. A child who is confused and has done some bad things. There is always something that even the most evil of men turn to and feel meek in front of. But isn't the definition of evil itself problematic? What is evil? What acts constitute this vice? 'Dexter' is a blood thirsty savior, 'Joker' played on this World's weaknesses, split the wounds wide open only to be healed. Its fascinating how people are shaped and transformed into beings of disaster. Hitler was a weak man himself, when it came to rediscovery of his neurosis. One of Hitler's lovers said that he would like them treating him as a slave, whipped and patronized with abuses and curses.
'Paanch' is thrilling, its impulsive and its exciting, it disgusts you at times and gives you goosebumps. Murdering people does not send a good message, but whats is the point of their survival anyways. There are times when I really want to grab a knife and stab people, if not kill then just harm severely. Some people just don't deserve to exist. Yes. No matter how elitist that sounds and how extreme it can be considered, but existence is highly over rated. Being alive is treated too morally. Don't you ever feel like killing? Well, yes this thought can be adopted by intellectually incapable people and can result in pointless massacres. But if I do ignore (very selfishly) that aspect of this proposal then it seems perfect. Bane (Dark Knight Rises), I liked the man for terrorizing Gotham, all the people who died, what was their point of living ANYWAYS.
This shithole is filled with parasites who ignore and who make it hard for those who want to help. Its driven so majorly by money that thousands struggle for mere survival. The dominance of existential ideas overwhelm my mind sometimes, maybe I need to be productive and put it at use.
Though this post didn't end how I expected it to, but probably this is what happens when you complete a piece with a gap of 24 hours. My mood wavered significantly during that while and hopelessness along with tiredness is the state of my mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment