Monday 6 August 2012

This Man in the Crowd.

In a crowd I see him standing with an air of shame and regret
Men and women shout, speculate and humiliate
Your eyes they don't wander but just stick to the ground.
I have been watching you for long, very long.
I saw you when you cooked happily in our kitchen,
I saw you when you hit children and wept quietly.
There is a dungeon you always hid, they said you had a treasure there.
I knew there was nothing, its just amusing for you to lie.

The crowd is getting madder, how come you have nothing to say?
I know you love talking and elaborating.
So much that you'd built castles and sail ships through space.
You told me once that you liked dreaming. Dreaming like a little child.
When I went to your home, they told me stories of your cleverness
They said you had a grandeur, they said you were best of the lot.
You had a kingdom some said, some believed you were an enigma.
Some detested, some loved. But I saw you, all through.

A woman is crying and grabbing you, shaking you and asking questions.
How come you don't answer? She says you loved her and promised.
Though I don't remember the promise, but I remember you spending nights with her.
They say that you had a son. They say you were happy and jovial.
Across the seas you flew and gathered memoirs. Some broke, some got lost.
But you never told me about the son. Did you sent him away?
Or did you go away? I don' seek answers, but you do.
I never loved you, but I always knew you. Like a daughter knows her father.

Oh never I stood before you and asked for a thing.
Never did I ask you to answer that woman nor did I punish you for the son.
But this crowd does. They seek justice. I say I barely know you.
But your eyes are of an old lamb ready to be slaughtered.
Your eyes they move towards me, a glance and I see what you need.
I don't tell them how you harmed me and they don't ask.
But stay still this hour, I want to save you. But what do I do?
This crowd, they want justice.

1 comment: