Thursday 4 October 2012

Naive.

Naive, so naive, my naivety fell right on her feet.
It kissed her toes and  smelled her ankles. My naivety pushed me in love
And had me begging for a blessing. I took her hand asked, asked and prayed
For love, she painted her face and gave me love. She held my hand and
Took me to places, and then she fed me sweets, happily naive as I was I kept falling.

So we came back, and she still played along.I kept holding her hand
Afraid that she might let it go. And so she did, she let it go and let me get lost.
I kept running and looking in places, places I remembered, places that smelled like her
But failure that I was, I couldn't see. She had rubbed the paint off. I never knew her.
She removed all colors and shed all clothes. And she had no reason.

My naivety, my love, her betrayals and her lies. I sowed them bit by bit
Fragment by fragment on my skin, passing the needle through little pores and
Letting drops of blood add colour. I had taken her skin and covered myself with it
I had taken my naivety and dressed her skin with it. And I walked in a room
Full of people. And they fell in love, I have never been loved so much.

I learned how to see and sing, and I learned how to write and cry. I talked to her often
And she wept very often, and never learned how to go. I dance with the clothes
On, and go many other places. So, in her knees my naivety lies and in my hands
Her lies. We walk together seldom and talk of tales. I remind her of that afternoon
When she left me with sweets and washed off paint.

1 comment:

  1. after a long time i was able to relate to your post... great read as always... :)

    ReplyDelete