Wednesday 10 October 2012

Will you.

Will you cease to please if I didn't smile long enough
And will you entwine your finger with mine if we sat here, all night.

Nobody suspected the stories I told, neither did I lie
But will you for once, not ask questions and search outside.

Will you stop laying the bricks, if I told I was never to walk that path
And will you undress when I dim the lights and increase the sound.

Nobody sat on the porch for coffee. The fence was too beautiful
The lawn laid out beautifully for you to sit, think and inspire.

Will you answer the greatest of questions, and sleep through your trivialities
And will you force yourself through days because tenderness was a failure.

Nobody thought less, like you they kept solving the puzzle.
But will you, not speak, not ask and not get stuck on the puzzle.

Will you, stand like this for ever with smiles and no hands to hold
And will you make a house of sheets, music and words, and live there forever.

1 comment:

  1. wanted to keep on reading ... but there wasnt more... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete