Monday 1 October 2012

The Summer Afternoon.

A hot summer afternoon stares at me through the door, bit by bit i feel it
Slowly creeping in and moving towards my body. The heat, the moist existence
Approaches me stealthy. Lying on the cotton sheets crumbled with my
Twists and turns, the restlessness and anxiety of this weather. Soon, i feel
the warmest touch on my neck, and it soon permeates my body.
I sense it travelling to my head, and i rustle up my hair, slowly the heat moves down
Lower to my eyes, and I lazily close them half. Running my fingers from my bosom
To my lips, I feel this heat growing rising within me. Making drops of sweat
Glisten and slip through my contours, I shake to drop it off. But it goes lower
Lower to my neck. The fan is too slow, and I hear its wings struggling to cool me down.
But i feel possessed, and the loneliness makes me careless. I slip out of my shirt
And move further into the sheets. Drops of sweat move further and deeper
Touching every pore and leaving a taste behind. My hand hurriedly tries to wipe it
Before it reaches my chest. Another failure, and further excited I move swiftly
Amongst the soft sheets, pressing my breasts towards the mattress and letting it hurt.
I run my hands through my damp hair and grab them tightly to release a moan.
Oh! This heat is excruciating, I stare up at the fan, it moves no faster. So I shed
Every piece and leave the bed unsatiated. Stepping out of the room, the heat follows me.
I see it teasing me from the back, and playing on my naked skin. I try and brush it off
But it's stubborn. So I turn the water on and step under the cold shower. The water
Amalgamates with the beads of sweat and travel through the shyest places.
I feel it taking in some heat and then leaving some more. I touch every where
Trying to get rid of this warm fierceness, but it gets stronger within me. I move my
Hands faster and try to relieve myself of this misery. But its taking over, I hear the water
Falling down and asking me to give in. So, I do. I give into the heat and surrender my passions
To it. I feel where it was  reigning and all the places it hid. The wetness becomes one with the warmth
It travels all over once again. And leaves me. The hot summer afternoon exits through the door,
And leaves me standing. Under the cool water, celebrating a turmoil, so pleasant and assuring.

3 comments: